Resolutions for 2010

  • #1 Raise $10,000 For My Husbands Garage
  • #2 Spend 1 Year Without Cable Television
  • #3 Spend a 24 Hour Period in Complete Silence
  • #4 Loose 15lbs By Memorial Day Weekend
  • #5 Listen to only Christian radio stations
  • #6 Read the entire Bible
  • #7 Conquer my Diet Coke addiction

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Resolution List

Resolution #1: Raise $10,000 for my husbands garage
Start Date: 12/31/09
Finish Date: Garage built and paid for in full with cash by 12/31/10
How am I going to accomplish this goal?:
1. Stop buying COACH purses, and for that matter stop spending money on things we don’t need (my apologies to anyone who has a birthday, wedding or baby this year as you will be getting a homemade card and a hug),
2. Put any and all loose change in the designated change jar,
3. Reduce our utility and grocery bills,
4. Yard Sales, Ebay Sales, Craigs List Sales, car washes, bake sales,
5. Recycling,
6. Cancel the cable (thank God our Internet service is free!)

Resolution #2: Spend 1 year without cable television
Start Date: 1/1/10
Finish Date: 1/1/11
How am I going to accomplish this goal (without dieing of boredom)?:
1. Netflix rentals,
2. Book reading,
3. Blogging,
4. Oh and not to mention going to work, cooking, cleaning, keeping two children alive, and meeting the emotional needs of my spouse (how did I ever fit in time for TV in the first place?!).

Resolution #3: Spend a 24 hour period in complete silence
Start Date: Undetermined
Finish Date: 24 hours after the undetermined date above but some time before 2011
How am I going to accomplish this goal?: I will obviously have to orchestrate an entire day without my kids, my husband and work….that one should be interesting.

Resolution #4: Loose 15lbs by Memorial Day weekend
Start Date: 4/16/10
Finish Date: 5/28/10
How am I going to accomplish this goal?: The same way I loose my “winter weight” every year:
eat less and exercise more.

Resolution #5: Listen to only Christian radio stations
Start Date: 12/?/09
Finish Date: Undetermined
How am I going to accomplish this goal?: Set my dial to 91.7 (air1 the positive alternative), and leave it there

Resolution #6: Read the entire Bible
Start Date: ?/?/09
Finish Date: Undetermined..I don’t want to rush this one, but I would like to be done within the next couple of years. I have already finished 25 of the books
How am I going to accomplish this goal?: One page at a time.

Resolution #7: Conquer my Diet Coke addiction
Start Date: 1/1/10
Finish Date: I would like to declare myself non-diet-coke-dependant by the end of the summer lets say my birthday: 8/24
How am I going to accomplish this goal?: Good question. A 12 step program maybe?

1 comment: