Resolutions for 2010

  • #1 Raise $10,000 For My Husbands Garage
  • #2 Spend 1 Year Without Cable Television
  • #3 Spend a 24 Hour Period in Complete Silence
  • #4 Loose 15lbs By Memorial Day Weekend
  • #5 Listen to only Christian radio stations
  • #6 Read the entire Bible
  • #7 Conquer my Diet Coke addiction

Monday, March 1, 2010

And the Total February Garage Fund is.......


Our February goal was to save just under two-hundred dollars for the garage fund, so can somebody please explain to me how we ended up with $762.76?! All I can say is that God cares about the little things. You would think he’d be a little to busy, performing miracles and listening to prayers, but no, he has somehow fit my husbands garage into his busy schedule. This brings the Garage Fund total to $1,580.25. March is going to be a great month financially for us as well, because I will start seeing the money from my new job and we will be getting our tax return back. There is also a good chance that I could receive some back child support in the form of my ex-husbands tax return! Bottom line: After the month of March we should be half way to our goal of $10,000!!!!

In other resolution news, #6 is well underway. Not only have I been faithfully reading my bible and understanding it better than ever, but I have also been given permission from my pastor to turn my journey into a bible study. Starting this Sunday I will be leading a group of women in a bible study from Genesis to Revelation. I have broken up the Bible into 127 sessions which means that #6 will be finished in 2012, if I stay on the schedule of reading and reporting/discussing at least one Bible session per week.


#7 has it’s ups and downs. For the past two weeks I have only had 1, two liter bottle of Diet Coke. What’s interesting is that like with any other drug, my caffeine tolerance is so minimal that one glass of D.C will keep me buzzing all day and unable to sleep at night. I wonder when the government will step in and officially name caffeine as an illegal drug.

That’s all or now everyone, thanks for the continued support and prayers. If anyone is interested in joining the Bible study, contact me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment